ARMPIT IS AN UGLY WORD│This Girls Deodorant Journey


Hello.
My name is Stefanie and I have a confession.
I haven't worn antiperspirant in.... oh about 3 years. True story.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not running around all stinky smelling. I do wear natural deodorants, just not antiperspirant. For as long as I can remember I never really sweated...or got B.O. Honestly my upper lip, nose and between my ta-ta's are really my only sweat zones and whoever heard of your upper lip getting B.O.

Regular deodorant makes my pitties (aka underarms...arm pits is such an ugly word) itchy. I have tried most brands but just haven't found one that worked well for me and to be honest I really didn't "perspire" enough to warrant using them!

Fast forward to June 2015 when I sadly turned 30. Let's all say a little prayer for my long gone 20's. You think I am kidding, I assure you I am not.
Hormone changes (curse you hormones!) have just blessed me with so many different things. 1.) About 3 years ago I developed Adult Cystic Acne. Super. Made it through my teen years with a handful of blemishes and BAM, late 20's acne. 2.) This summer rolled around, I was outside alot doing yard work, hanging with the kids, just living my life and I noticed that my pitties (I know you love that word) had started to get....funky? UGH. Here I was now 30 years old, having made it through ARMY BOOT CAMP on baby powder and smelling like a rose....okay not a rose but my underarms never smelled bad. I promise you that. I lived in a room with 75 stressed out and sleep deprived women, they would have let me know if I stank. So yes, I started looking for a good deodorant that worked for me.

I tried cheap ones, expensive ones, unscented...and I just didn't find one I liked enough to buy twice! Most of them I tossed, some of the formulas were to drying..tugging on my underarms.
I don't like gel ones...they are cold and sticky feeling and I have to walk around like an ape until the gel dries.
I tried an aerosolated one but it smelled like poo.
I even tried the little ones that have a huge roller ball applicator, basically a liquid. Nope didn't like it, cold + wet doesn't work for me.

I do like DOVE products in general as you know. I have been using the DOVE Pink Beauty Bar since I was about 5, my doctor recommended it to my mother as a gentle soap for my excema prone skin.
I have been using the Dove Purely Pampering Body Wash in Coconut Milk & Jasmine Petals forever...I am on my 9th bottle? It is literally the ONLY scented body wash I have been able to use in my life. Excema remember? If you watch my YouTube channel then you have heard me rave about it from time to time.
Naturally I tried the Dove deodorants and they are nice the solid formula was silky and applied nicely BUT it still made my underarms a bit itchy.

Sooooo recently I got an opportunity to try the Target Dry Spray VoxBox. Inside I got 2 Dry Spray antiperspirants one for me and one for they hubby!
I got the Cool Essentials one and it smells DELICIOUS, like cucumber melon. The spray leaves zero trace on my skin so I don't feel itchy & it isn't cold nor wet. YAY. Okay the little burst of air always makes me flinch which is kind of hilarious. I am the one pressing the nozzle and still I jump a bit. Hehe. The husband got the Extra Fresh scent which is hilarious because he already uses the Dove Face and Body wash & stick deodorant in the Extra Fresh scent! It was fate.

This probably sounds like a paid plug for Dove...oh look at all the products we love, blah blah blah. It's not. Truly. You know how we instinctually buy the same brands as our parent's.... Your mom used Dawn dish soap so you use Dawn dish soap. Well my mom bought me Dove body products so I buy my family Dove products. I mean really my husband doesn't pick out his own stuff, I do! I don't care about price or how they smell really...well a bit but mostly I want to buy something that won't irritate my family's sensitive skin (my poor babies inherited mommy's sensitive skin) so my daughter uses my stuff and my son uses my husbands and we all feel clean, fresh and smell FABULOUS.

Let me know your favorite products in the comments down below! XO

No comments :

Post a Comment