PLAY by Sephora - The Minimalists│JUNE 2016


PLAY by Sephora JUNE 2016 - "The Minimalists" is all about a soft, lived in & low key look. If you are unfamiliar with Sephora's Play subscription service it is $10 a month and includes roughly 5 deluxe sample size products and a perfume sample every month!




  • BECCA Backlight Priming Filter - ($38.00 1.0 oz.) is a radiant, illuminating primer that helps to minimize skin imperfections. I didn't want to love this primer, or any Becca products because I just ASSumed that because of the luminous shimmer spread through a good deal of their products that they just wouldn't work on my skin texture. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I would wear this primer alone because it makes my skin look so healthy, like I just had a great facial and it's fantastic for prepping my dry skin for foundation.
  • bareMinerals BARESKIN Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer - ($28.00 1.0 oz.) is a very sheer serum bronzer. It has that oily serum consistency but does have a good bit of color. I used a small stipple brush to buff it onto my "sun kissed" areas and it it didn't work very well ontop of foundation BUT it does look lovely on a fresh face. I prefer to use it on no makeup days to add a golden glow to the skin. This product may not work well for very oily skinned girls though. 
  • Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It - ($31.00 5.0 oz.) is a air dry, no heat styler. I would call this a dual use product, half leave in conditioner half sea salt texturizer. I feel like this product both added moisture and some dry texture, I know that sounds weird and there is no other way for me to describe it! I have naturally stick straight NO volume hair. This gave some movement, texture and wave to my hair as it air dried. To be fair though I did muss with it a bit while it dried to ensure I liked the turn out but still....
  • tarte Tarteguard SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion - ($32.00 1.7 oz.) is exactly what it sound like,
    SPF. The one thing I have (so far) found impressive is that unlike all other sunscreens this didn't seem to irritate my very sensitive blemish prone skin. Packed with many other skin loving ingredients like Maracuja, Red Algae, Apple & Honey Suckle this stuff is really skin care disguised as Sunscreen!
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara - ($24.00 0.3 oz.) I have a real love/hate relationship with this mascara. I love how build-able this baby is, You can literally double the volume and length of your lashes! The downside to that is I have fall out & for whatever reason the formula (although wonderful) makes my lashes feel....brittle? I feel like when I wear it several days in a row my lashes thin out a bit and my lashes do not hold a curl with this formula. 
  • TOCCA Florence - ($68.00 1.7 fl. oz.) is a very soft feminine floral scent, I could actually see myself purchasing a full size! With notes of Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit Leaves, Green Pear, Apple, Ivory Gardenia, Crushed Violet Petals, Jasmine, Tuberose, Blue Iris, Blonde Wood, White Musk I expected it to smell very....old lady like. So wrong, it's a beautiful Spring/Summer floral and it reminds me of fresh lilac & gardenia. A surprisingly natural floral scent without a bunch of powdery crap. Truly lovely. 
I have been LOVING my new Play by Sephora subscription! I love getting the chance to try more luxury priced items to know what is really going to work for me! I know that deluxe samples are not everyone's cup of tea! If you are looking for a full size subscription service then you must try BOXYCHARM, it never disappoints!

What did you think of the June 2016 PLAY by Sephora picks & theme?? Let me know in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment