LOREAL Infallible Pro Glow Foundation Review


You don't hear the words "Glow" & "Longwear" often in the beauty world. The two words are just not synonymous with each other. Things are either dewy OR longwearing.... that is until now!
Loreal has introduced a new edition to the Infallible line, The Loreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation!


 

 LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-GLOW FOUNDATION

  • The foundation claims to have 24 HR wear, I think only those with absolutely normal/dry skin could achieve that kind of wear. I myself got a good 10+ HRS with the foundation still looking nice, it did however wear off around the corner of my nose & mouth, which is very typical for me.
  • There are 12 shades in the range, I found it very difficult to get a good color match, I wear 104 in the Infallible PRO-MATTE so decided to order 204 and that was way to fair & pink for me. Next I ordered 206 (online) and that was too pink and fair, lastly I settled for 207 Sand Beige just for the sake of reviewing in a timely manner. Still too netural cool and fair for me which was surprising because in the True Match line I wear Sand Beige and assumed the two shades would be pretty spot on, nope! I was able to make it work pretty well with a warm bronzer. In the future when the full range comes to my stores I will pick up 208 Sun Beige!
  • I felt like the color range really leaned heavily neutal/cool/pink in tone, where the PRO-Matte felt more warm golden.
  • Didn't enchance texture issues, looked and felt soft and lightweight on the skin.
  • Doesn't have that "second" skin look, I like my foundations to look like my skin, this foundation although lovely is more noticeable because of the glowy shimmer.

About my skin type!
I have normal-dry skin, hormonal acne, texture issues.
The foundation looks really soft on the skin, it adds that "glow" without adding oily/serum feel which I'm not a huge fan of. It feels and wears like a satin but looks dewy.





I wanted to share some of my favorite foundation shades with you for a color comparison! Isn't it funny how there are subtle variations in shades but you can see overall my foundations have a very warm golden undertone, I think one of the reasons the LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO GLOW looks too light on me is it is just too neutral/cool.

Left - Right

  • LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO GLOW 207 SAND BEIGE
  • LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO MATTE 104 GOLDEN BEIGE
  • NARS SHEER GLOW PUNJAB
  • LOREAL TRUE MATCH W5 SAND BEIGE
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER ULTRA HD Y325
  • ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR 2W2 RATTAN
  • LOREAL LUMI CUSHION W3 (A BIT FAIR FOR ME)

LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-GLOW 24 HR FOUNDATION

PROS
  • Innovative new product at the drugstore
  • Light weight & airy feel on skin
  • Nice long wear
  • I like the buildable sheer-medium coverage, just perfect to cover imperfections but not a mask.
  •  Wears like a satin but looks glowy making it great for a variety of skin types.
CONS
  • Lack of warm/golden undertones in the shade range, it felt like alot of fair medium shades in varying cool/neutral/pink undertones. There wasn't much bump up in depth of color and finding my perfect shade was very difficult.
  • Sand Beige didn't match up to other "Sand Beige" shades offered by Loreal
  • Although the shimmer is beautiful it may be "too" much for some people
Overall I am a fan of this foundation, I wore Revlon Skin Lights all through my teens and early twenties until it was discontinued, LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO-GLOW is it's power house twin. Similar style foundation with a better formulation and wear time! If you want something a bit more moisturizing/"oily" try the LOREAL Lumi Cushion, same gorgeous glow, more moisture. I love them both!



Thank you so much for stopping by, please share your thoughts on Loreal Pro Glow in the comments!






No comments :

Post a Comment