LOREAL INFALLIBLE TOTAL COVER FOUNDATION REVIEW


The most recent edition to Loreal's foundation line up is the LOREAL INFALLIBLE TOTAL COVER FOUNDATION. I have gotten a chance to try this over the last 2 weeks, sum up all of my thoughts on the foundation and am ready to talk to you about it!

I picked up the Loreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation at Walgreens for $12.99. There are 12 shades in the range. The range (if judging by what the packaging show's) and my personal experience tends to run neutral warm, my shade 305 Natural Beige looked very warm in the packaging but ended up being slightly ashy on my skin due to it's neutral slightly green undertone in the product itself. From what I have gathered from other blogger reviews the packaging shows a slightly different color then what comes inside the tube itself.

The packaging is a squeeze tube which I think is very appropriate for the formula, being that it is so SO thick.

LOREAL'S CLAIMS
  • NATURAL FINISH
  • 24 HR WEAR
  • AIR LIGHT FEEL
  • FULL COVERAGE 
Just a bit about me and my skin type! I CURRENTLY have very dry skin. I treat my hormonal cystic acne with a combo of an oral birth control pill (lol) and Retin-A 0.025%. I have some dry texture area's on my face as well as enlarged pores across my cheeks and nose + hormonal redness and hyper pigmentation scars.


The formula for this foundation is incredible thick! In comparison it reminds me of Maybelline's Dream Mousse (in the older pump version), Dream Velvet (loreal with more coverage) or Revlon Colorstay Whipped (loreal isn't as smoothe or long wearing). It also has a very "natural" finish,  it is neither fully matte or dewy but somewhere in between. It also did NOT oxidize at all on me.


When applying I noticed that it clung to dryness. The foundation sets down to something like a cream to powder finish foundation will. That being said it does tend to sit on top of the skin and has some shift to it. It will easily transfer onto clothing or wipe away if you touch your face in any way. However it does feel incredibly lightweight and comfortable on the skin.



After 7 hours the foundation still felt comfortable. It had not "broken down" on my skin but it did settle into laugh lines and catch on dryness easily. (Although I don't have fine lines I imagine it would emphasize those as well.)

This foundation is going to best suit those with normal, oily or dry skin with little to no texture issues. I don't feel this foundation will work well for those with texture issues like healing blemishes, acne and may not suit those with heavily lined skin or very mature skin.

It will however work nicely for "filling" in enlarged pores if you like that sort of thing! The foundation is formulated with dimethicone which is commonly used in pore filling primers, it is (in my opinion) what gives this formula its thick velvety texture. It's kind of like a pore filling primer and foundation in one.

I neither love or hate this foundation. I don't see myself reaching for it on a regular basis but I am also not going to tell you not to try it! It just doesn't work the best for me and my expectations. I much prefer both the LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO MATTE & LOREAL INFALLIBLE PRO GLOW over the new TOTAL COVER.



1 comment :